Discover Taiwan 10 Days
Taipei, Sun Moon Lake, Kaohsiung, Kenting, Taitung, Hualien, Taroko
- Visit Taipei 101, the world’s sixth tallest building
- Stroll through the famous bustling Night Markets of Taiwan
- Cruise across Sun Moon Lake and experience its tranquil beauty
- Explore the largest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan, Fo Guang Shan Monastery
- Immerse yourself in the natural splendour of Taroko National Park
It’s a wonderful place to get a taste of modern Asia, but Taiwan remains a mystery to most Australians. The country remains close to its ancient cultural roots, yet it’s super-contemporary, with the urban action sitting comfortably alongside pristine natural settings. Having escaped the Cultural Revolution and decades of social engineering on the mainland, in some ways it’s ‘more Chinese than China’ on this beautiful island.
Emerging from military dictatorship in 1987, Taiwan has become a thriving democracy. Tourism has boomed, attracting travellers who come to enjoy a thriving indigenous folk culture, museums bursting with treasures, bustling night markets with a unique food culture, and the latest in high-tech gadgets. But what really makes visiting Taiwan such a pleasure is the friendly outlook of the 23 million people who call the island home.
Departure Date: See attached brochure for scheduled departure dates in 2019 and other details